Life Coaching is a private conversation between 2 people – the coach and you.
The “coach” provides support by focusing completely on your situation with attention and commitment to support, challenge, encourage and enable you to create change in your life.
What is very important during the coaching conversation is YOU, your success, your happiness and your fulfilment; what you want to achieve and how you are going to succeed; starting now and going forward to:- that job, that lifestyle, etc.
Lily has trained as a Life Coach with the Coaching Academy and has added this skill to her many ways of helping others.
Why would anyone hire a Life Coach?
Look at your life as it is today, and as it will be in the months and years to come. If there are things you’d like to change to make your life run better, to realise ambitions, fulfil potential, be happier, less stressful, more profitable, more peaceful, sociable, or fun – then that’s something life coaching can help you with. It starts today and works forward.
What is Life Coaching?
Life coaching is a series of conversations between client and coach, which help you to:
- Understand your situation
- Clarify how you’d like it to change
- Develop strategies to do that
- Keep you focused on doing that
- Deal with the human factors which tend to get in the way – e.g. fear, faulty reasoning, stamina, other people and pessimism.
How is it done?
Usually by phone, once a week.
Initially we start at the top of the list above, clarify your needs, look at how you would like to change it, and develop strategies to do so. (one session)
You set yourself goals to accomplish for next week. When next week arrives, we talk about what happened – good and bad – and about what we’re going to do about it. The sessions are relaxed, friendly and revelatory. You’re always in charge, you’re always respected and I’m always on your side.
Why does Coaching work so well?
- Together we take you out of your life to look back in on it. You may not have done that before and coaching invites you to do it weekly
- Together we are changing – away from describing how bad the problem is, into what the best solution can be.
- I’m on your side, and I’ll respect you, but I’ll also challenge you when it’s appropriate. This way you’ll see a more honest picture of your place in the world.
- I am trained to listen to what you say and help you find the hidden beliefs and habits which drive your behaviour. Together we free you up to see the world more clearly.
- Most of us are not consciously aware of the extent to which fear limits our lives. Together we can shine a gentle light on your demons and remove their power to hold you back.
- Together we can access a host of practical skills. e.g Time management, De-cluttering, Focused attention.
What do people Coach on?
Lots of things:
- Significant Other
- Social life
- Environment (home etc.)
- Spiritual (not necessarily religion)
Award marks out of 10 for each area. Then, ask yourself “which area, if fixed to score 10/10, would have the largest positive impact on my life?”.
That would probably be the starting point for your life coaching.
Practically, how do I get started?
Firstly, get in touch with me and we can arrange a suitable time to explore things with an initial 20-minute telephone interview.
You will be invited to have a think about it and decide what to do. The fee for the consultation will be deducted off your first session when you decide to continue.
It is normal to have 4 to 6 sessions.
Part of our communication will be through email. Please note there is an unconditional guarantee given for each coaching session should you be unhappy in any way.